Home

Monday, February 14, 2011

Installing Oracle 10g Client in Windows 7 Screwed My System!

Dear All,

Take extra precautions before you install Oracle 10g or any other client in Windows-7 operating system (even in compactible mode).

I faced the same problem some six months back, that “time” was critical as I did not have time to research to resolve this issue, I just reinstalled my OS to make my system work, but again the same issue happened yesterday with my Laptop as soon as you install the Client in your PC it locks your C:\ drive. System will be working but when you try to open the C:\ drive system will throw you error “Access Denied” I tried all possible ways to recover from this error, I tried with our Microsoft Support guys, Our Company IT guys, System Restore Option from my recovery disk, System Repair or (System Image Recovery – did not work because there was no image recovery in the system as it has to be done manually) or accessing C:\ drive through command prompt and all the system gurus in the net and was left helpless.
You cannot even uninstall hence you will not find the installed client in your add and remove program or you cannot access C:\ drive (even through command prompt) to delete the installed folders as C:\ is locked and you find yourself nicely and tightly screwed up in a right situation when you cannot afford to lose time.
Finally I decided to reinstall my OS and obviously it has to work unless I have hardware problem.

So my dear friends, I don’t want this to happen for any of you guys, so be extra careful before you install the client. Take a backup or image recovery to a latest date and then try to install Oracle Client hence always you have an option to restore your image recovery only if you have taken a recent backup manually because system does not take an automatic image recovery instead it just has the snapshot points for system restore which will not help you, read the compactable notes of the client before you install the client.

Through some note I came to know that Oracle 11g is compatible with windows 7, hence downloaded Oracle 11g database from Oracle site and installed with lots of care and it worked finally.

If any of you guys got any solution, kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
S.Grace Paul Regan

1 comment:

sap erp download said...

Thanks for letting everyone aware about this issue. You saved me as I was planning to do the installation today but one of my friend told me that there is an issue, so I wanted to confirm it. Thanks again friend for discussing the whole issue.